Valentine's day is around the corner, and so are boxes of chocolate..... I mean they are everywhere! I can't get chocolate out of my mind. Naturally,
it's a sign that I need to share this recipe for tofu chocolate mousse!
This recipe is so delicious and smooth, you won't even know you are eating tofu! It's packed with protein, and it's low in sugar. You could indulge in this dessert and feel good knowing that you will not spoil all the hard work you put into your healthy meals and workouts.
- 8 ounces (225g) of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 package (10 ounces/300g) of silken tofu (soft tofu)
- 1/3 cup (125mL) of sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5mL of vanilla)
- Break the chocolate into small chunks and melt in a double boiler (Put a glass bowl over a pot of simmering water. Water only needs to come up to 1 inch.)
- Stir chocolate gently with a rubber spatula until melted and smooth. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from hot water and set aside.
- Place the tofu into your food processor.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and every last drop of the chocolate.
- Purée until smooth and delicious.
- Serve and share immediately or, if you like, spoon into individual serving dishes and chill until firmer, up to an hour.
- Tip....To impress your guests, garnish with fresh berries and pour mousse into a wine glass!